a goodbye kiss to my maudlin afternoons

>> 6.10.08

I remember that night
.
When your head was on my toes

.
And I could feel the warmth of your breathing through the layers

.
of my very skin.
.
Was that our last adieu?

.
Or were you beseeching me back?

.
Only the sand could tell.

.
.
I strummed the guitar beneath my yellow polka dots bed sheet

.
What were we 213 days ago?

.
And what have become of us now?

.
But all I heard was a broken resonance.

.
(When will my fingers ever learn to play with those wound 

.
strings?)
.
.
Sorry.

.
For the noise I created. 

.
*for the guy who confused me about LOVE.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  Monday, October 13, 2008 12:50:00 AM  

what a heart-rending poem!

Post a Comment

hi, there!

Thanks for leaving a comment. if you like to share your poems, short stories, or simply anything under the sun, you are FREE to post your blog address here.

just click on the comment button.
and let the poetic juices flow freely!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP